LAST UPDATED: September 27, 2016
Wombat respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been infringed by means of an improper posting of it on the Site, then please see Section 18, below.
You are free to establish a hypertext link to our Site so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship, endorsement, affiliation or other connection of your website or service by Wombat and does not contain any malicious code. However, you may not, without our prior written permission, frame or inline link or deep link any of the content of our Site, or incorporate into another website or other service any of our material, Content or intellectual property.
The Site may contain links to third–party websites not under our control or operation. Wombat or users may provide any such links only as a convenience; Wombat does not endorse and is not responsible for or have control over the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The Site may contain news, advertisements, content and information published by various third–party providers. Use of any such third–party content may be conditioned upon such third party’s terms and conditions. You are solely responsible for protecting yourself, your device, and your systems from worms, viruses, Trojan horses and any other harmful content.
Additional terms and/or conditions (e.g. Wombat standard terms and conditions) may apply to specific areas of the Site or Site functionality, and you agree to abide by such other terms and conditions.
You acknowledge and agree that Wombat, regardless of the device or form factor chosen, is not responsible for your software or browser compatibility and functionality, hardware, and/or network connections with the Site, or for your resulting access to, availability of, use of, and timing, receipt and accuracy of information transmitted to or received from the Site and/or its features.
A. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Generated Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a written notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Wombat’s Intellectual Property department with the following:
1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Wombat to locate the material;
4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit Wombat to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
5) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
B. Counter-Notice. If you believe that your User Generated Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your User Generated Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to Wombat’s Intellectual Property department at the address set forth below:
1) Your physical or electronic signature;
2) Identification of the User Generated Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the User Generated Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
3) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the User Generated Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the User Generated Content; and
4) Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal court in Baldwin County, Alabama, USA and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
5) If a counter-notice is received by Wombat, Wombat may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that Wombat may replace the removed User Generated Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the User Generated Content provider, member or user, the removed User Generated Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Wombat's sole discretion.
6) Wombat will only respond to DMCA Notices that it receives by mail, e-mail or facsimile at the addresses below:
Wombat Security Technologies, Inc.
3030 Penn Ave, Second Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Attention: Digital Millennium Copyright Act
It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. Wombat may elect to not respond to DMCA Notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and Wombat may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing work. That person may elect to send us a DMCA Counter-Notification.
Without limiting Wombat's other rights, Wombat may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate a repeat infringer's access to the Site and any other website owned or operated by Wombat.
You should also be aware that we may forward the DMCA Counter-Notification to the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice.
WOMBAT PROVIDES THE SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. WOMBAT MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR MERCHANTABILITY, REGARDING YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED OR MADE AVAILABLE HEREIN OR THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE ITSELF OR THE ACCURACY OF RESULTS OBTAINED THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT INTENDING TO BE EXHAUSTIVE, AS PART OF THIS DISCLAIMER, WOMBAT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WOMBAT SITE OR ANY PORTIONS THEREOF WILL OPERATE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND GIVES NOTICE THAT IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE WOMBAT SITE OR ONE OR MORE PORTIONS THEREOF OR FEATURES OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE MAY BE OR BECOME INACCESSIBLE, UNAVAILABLE, OR INOPERABLE FROM TIME TO TIME OR PERMANENTLY.
WOMBAT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU, AND YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE, FOR THE SELECTION, USE, AND SUITABILITY OF THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MERCHANDISE AND EXPERIENCES PROVIDED VIA THE SITE. WOMBAT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR PURCHASE OR USE OF PRODUCTS, MERCHANDISE, OR EXPERIENCES VIA THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO DATA OR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO INFORMATION, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF WOMBAT HAS BEEN INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND/OR SUCH DAMAGES COULD HAVE BEEN REASONABLY FORESEEN BY WOMBAT. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE, WOMBAT’S TOTAL LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, SHALL NOT EXCEED $50.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE LIMITATIONS IN THE SECTION ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.