Industry’s first integration of mock cyber security attacks with interactive training modules cuts training costs and improves employee behavior modification success rates—reducing malware infections and successful phishing attacks.
Pittsburgh, PA – September 23, 2014 – Wombat Security Technologies (Wombat), a leading provider of cyber security awareness and training solutions, today announced upgrades to the company’s award-winning Security Education Platform. As the industry’s only security awareness training solution to integrate mock phishing attacks and training capabilities in a unified platform; the new version of Wombat’s Platform enables companies to reduce security awareness and training program costs while increasing success rates. With a new easy-to-use interface, CSOs and security officers can now quickly create knowledge assessments and mock attack campaigns as well as assign training from a single “purpose-built” platform. Having this tight integration between mock attacks and training enables CSOs to limit risk and has been proven to reduce malware infections and successful phishing attacks from the wild by up to 90%.
“As the number of serious malware and phishing attacks targeting employees continue to escalate, many CSOs and information security officers have been forced to cobble together numerous vendor solutions at a high cost to the business—and with less than stellar results,” said Joe Ferrara, President and CEO of Wombat Security Technologies. “We are in a unique position to meet CSO’s demands for fully integrated and effective security awareness and training solutions because we have invested in security and behavior learning innovations needed to deliver a single unified platform that combines best in class products for mock attacks and interactive training that quickly and measurably improve employee behavior.”
McAfee Labs released its quarterly threat report in August of 2014, revealing that phishing continues to be an effective tactic for infiltrating enterprise networks. In testing business users’ ability to detect online scams, the McAfee Phishing Quiz uncovered that 80% of its participants failed to detect at least one of seven phishing emails.
“It’s clear that phishing and other cyber-attacks will only continue to grow in number and sophistication,” said Derek Brink, Vice President of Aberdeen Group, a leading US industry analyst firm. “We see a great advantage in having an integrated system that covers both the testing of an employee base with mock attacks but even more importantly, having the ability to directly tie in training to effectively change behavior and produce tangible results within the same employee base. ‘Best in Class’ companies understand this is the most efficient and effective methodology rather than having multiple security providers handling different element of the process.”
Key upgrades to Wombat’s Security Education Platform include:
- Integration between mock attacks and interactive training modules which have been proven to increase end user participation to near 100% levels
- Auto-enrollment in training modules to ensure that the end users most susceptible to attack are being trained first
- A new improved look and feel with streamlined navigation: administrator and training portals are combined to provide access through a single unified interface that can be used to create training assignments and reminders with new e-mail features including an upgraded text editor and image library
- Customizable templates and workflows: Administrators can customize training notification templates to streamline workflows to facilitate internal approvals
- User engagement: Administrators are able to encourage employees to engage in training in two ways—either by group assignments or free play which enables individual users to do training on their own time
- New reporting: Reporting in PhishGuru® enables CSOs and administrators customers to see the detail of mock attack “clicks” coming from unexpected locations
- Sorting and classification features: CSO’s and security officers can view additional campaign details by department, location, device type, and browser
“Wombat’s new security education platform will allow me to implement our key security education programs from a single interface,” said a CISO from a multinational transportation organization. “Our end users already love Wombat’s training program, which is helping me improve our security culture and better protect the organization from cyber-attack, but now managing the training program will be even easier than it was before.”
“Today I added two new employees to the training classes and loved the new user interface,” said an Information Security Analyst from a Medical College. A CIO from a popular Real Estate Investment Company added, “The new site looks great. I uploaded our logo and sent an assignment this morning. It’s super easy to navigate.”
The newest version of Wombat’s award winning Security Education Platform is available today. For pricing and/or more information about this award-winning product, please visit www.wombatsecurity.com.
About Wombat Security Technologies
Wombat Security Technologies provides information security awareness and training software to help organizations teach their employees secure behavior. Their SaaS cyber security education solution includes a platform of integrated broad assessments, as well as a library of simulated attacks and brief interactive training modules. Wombat's solutions help organizations reduce successful phishing attacks and malware infections up to 90%. Wombat is helping Fortune 1000 and Global 500 customers in industry segments such as finance, technology, banking, higher education, retail, and consumer packaged goods to strengthen their cyber security defenses.
412-621-1484 x 115