Wombat surpasses 2,000 enterprise customers, achieves 840% growth, and ranks #135 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500
Pittsburgh, PA – November 14, 2017 – Wombat Security Technologies (Wombat), the leading provider of cyber security awareness and training, today announced it ranked #135 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, and energy tech companies in North America. This is the third consecutive year Wombat has ranked in the top 150 of the Fast 500, and its 840% growth resulted in a higher position than in 2016. Wombat now serves well more than 2,000 enterprise customers with its differentiated, innovative, and proven Security Education Platform, which helps organizations of all sizes change employee behavior and reduce the risk of a successful cyber-attack.
This recognition from Deloitte closely follows the release of Gartner’s 2017 Magic Quadrant for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training, in which Wombat was named a Leader for the fourth year in a row.
“Cybercriminals didn’t slow down in 2017. In fact, they showed us how tactical and targeted they can be. The proliferation of ransomware, the massive Google Docs and Gmail phish, and the significant rise in damaging business email compromise attacks all exemplify the need to educate and empower end users,” said Joe Ferrara, CEO of Wombat. “Our leadership and innovation continue to lead the market for effective, measurable security awareness training. The fact that Wombat is being recognized by organizations like Deloitte and Gartner clearly reflects the value of our vision, the strength of our business, and our market-leading position.”
In addition to Deloitte and Gartner, Wombat received several other honors in 2017:
- Wombat CEO Joe Ferrara received the Carnegie Science Center’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards named Wombat the 2017 Enterprise Email Security Solution of the Year
- Info Security Products Guide recognized Wombat with three 2017 Global Excellence Awards for its Security Education Platform and its PhishAlarm® Analyzer and CyberStrength® products
- Cyber Defense Magazine named Wombat as the Leader in Security Training in its 2017 CDM Infosec Awards
- Wombat’s Customer Success Team was a finalist for a Cybersecurity Excellence Award in the 2017 Cybersecurity Team of the Year category
- Outstanding Security Performance Awards (OSPAs) named Wombat a 2017 U.S. finalist in its Outstanding Customer Service Initiative category
About Wombat Security Technologies
Wombat Security Technologies is the leading provider of information security awareness and training software to help organizations teach their employees secure behavior for enterprises. Their SaaS-based cybersecurity education solutions include an integrated platform of knowledge assessments, simulated attacks, and brief interactive training modules. Wombat's solutions help organizations reduce successful phishing attacks and malware infections up to 90%. The company has been recognized by Gartner as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training Vendors for four years in a row. Founded in 2008, Wombat is helping mid-market, Fortune 1000, and Global 2000 customers in industry segments such as finance and banking, energy, technology, higher education, retail, and consumer packaged goods to strengthen their cybersecurity defenses.
Wombat Security Contact:
412-621-1484 x 136