Wombat Enjoys Record 2016 with Continued Rapid Growth, Product Innovation, Industry Recognition, and Financial Performance
PITTSBURGH, Jan. 25, 2017 – Wombat Security Technologies (Wombat), the leading provider of cyber security awareness and training solutions that change end user behavior, today announced that the company posted record results in 2016 with greater than 100 percent increase in orders and revenue compared to the prior year. Wombat’s growth has continued to accelerate, driven by rapid new customer adoption of its differentiated, innovative and proven product platform, which helps organizations of all sizes change employee behavior to dramatically reduce the risk of a cyber-attack.
- Gartner recognized Wombat for the third year in a row as a leader in the 2016 Magic Quadrant for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training Vendors
- Wombat ranked 144 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2016
- Wombat expanded its presence into Europe with a London office to provide regional sales, marketing and customer support
- Wombat Content Manager, Gretel Egan, was recently recognized as one of the Top 10 Security Bloggers to Follow by IDG Enterprise
“With the continued increase in phishing, ransomware and social engineering, employee awareness and education is a critical activity for organizations in preventing a multitude of increasingly sophisticated cyber-attacks,” said Joe Ferrara, President and CEO of Wombat. “We had a record year in 2016 and have seen our growth continue to accelerate. Financially, 2016 was our best year ever as we blew away our order, revenue and customer targets, turned EBITDA profitable for the full year, and beat our cash plan by over $8 million.”
- Released PhishAlarm Analyzer – a follow-on product to the PhishAlarm phishing email reporting button for end users, PhishAlarm Analyzer uses machine learning to identify potentially malicious reported emails so security officers can take immediate action.
- Introduced new training module content – including the role-based Security Essentials for Executives, and mini-modules on ransomware, travel security and USB device safety.
- Achieved industry leading training capabilities – All refreshed training modules are updated with the latest best practices, are mobile-responsive (enabling training completion on any device) and conform to the U.S. Section 508 standard and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA standard, which ensures that training can be accessed and completed by employees with disabilities.
- Advanced Program Reporting – Wombat reports with end user data displays all custom properties associated with the end user including department, manager, hire date, etc. aiding in specific measurement and program improvement.
- Enhanced Global Language support – With over 25 languages in knowledge and vulnerability assessments, intervention training and in-depth training modules, Wombat provides the most programmatically thorough translation approach available.
- Introduced User Community Online portal – Program administrators can access Wombat’s knowledge base articles, review product announcements, participate in peer discussion forums, create and check the status of cases.
Awards and Research
Over the past year, Wombat has been recognized by these award programs:
- 2016 Red Herring Top 100 North America Winner
- Ranked 144 on Deloitte's North America Technology Fast 500™
- SC Magazine US awards 2017 finalist for exemplary professional leadership in cybersecurity
- Government Security News Best e-mail Security and Integrity Solution for PhishAlarm Analyzer, and Best Compliance/Vulnerability Assessment finalist for CyberStrength
- Government Security News also named Wombat’s Security Education Platform as one of five entries that best represent the term Government Excellence
- Silver winner in the Golden Bridge Awards for CyberStrength in the Training and Education Category
- Info Security Products Guide named Wombat as a finalist in three Global Excellence Awards categories: Security Training and Educational Programs, Email and Security Management, and Security Products and Solutions for Healthcare
About Wombat Security Technologies
Wombat Security Technologies provides information security awareness and training software to help organizations teach their employees secure behavior. Their SaaS-based cyber security education solution includes a platform of integrated broad assessments, as well as a library of simulated attacks and brief interactive training modules. Wombat's solutions help organizations reduce successful phishing attacks and malware infections up to 90%. Wombat, recognized by Gartner as a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training Vendors, is helping Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 customer in industry segments such as finance and banking, energy, technology, higher education, retail and consumer packaged goods to strengthen their cyber security defenses.
412-621-1484 x 126