Company boasts over 1,000 enterprise customers and over 100% growth in revenue and headcount in 2015. Company completes integration with ThreatSim to create market leading security education solution.
Pittsburgh, PA – March 15, 2016 – Wombat Security Technologies (“Wombat”), the leading provider of SaaS-based cyber security awareness and training solutions, today announced that the company posted more than 900% three-year revenue growth, with greater than 100% increase in orders, revenue and headcount in 2015, compared to the prior year. Wombat’s growth has continued to accelerate in the first quarter of 2016 driven by rapid new customer adoption of its differentiated, innovative, and proven product platform, which currently helps more than 1,000 enterprise organizations change employee behavior to dramatically reduce the risk of a cyber-attack.
- Gartner recognized Wombat for the second year in a row as the clear leader in the 2015 Magic Quadrant for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training Vendors.
- The successful acquisition of ThreatSim, a simulated phishing attack competitor, completed in October 2015.
- In January 2016, Wombat completed the integration of ThreatSim’s spear phishing solution with Wombat’s Security Education Platform creating the most fully featured and effective security education solution on the market.
- Wombat ranked 104 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2015 and ranked as the fastest growing company in the state of Pennsylvania.
- In February 2016, Wombat introduced an enhanced version of its successful channel program, which includes leading technology and channel partners in information security, such as RSA (a division of EMC), TELUS and numerous reseller partners. In conjunction, Wombat launched a Channel Partner Portal - providing a central sales and marketing hub for partners.
- Increased technology partner integrations, including Carbon Black and others, creating an ecosystem of security vendors providing triggers for education based on risky employee behavior and utilizing Wombat’s patent pending technology.
“Employee awareness and education plays a critical role in preventing a range of cyber-attacks, which continue to increase in volume and sophistication,” said Joe Ferrara, President and CEO of Wombat. “We had another record year in 2015 and have seen growth accelerate in the first quarter of 2016. As we continue to expand our security education solutions, we are committed to providing our customers with the tools they need to change employee behavior and reduce risk within their organizations.”
- Education Triggers technology partnership with Carbon Black, allowing organizations to sense and interrupt risky employee behavior by automatically delivering intervention training to reduce cyber security vulnerabilities;
- Predefined CyberStrength® Knowledge Assessments, enhancing its popular CyberStrength product;
- Industry leading language support with over 20 languages in knowledge and vulnerability assessments, training and reinforcement materials;
- PhishAlarm feature, which enables end users to report suspected phishing emails to security and incident response teams with a single mouse click;
- Recently announced companion to PhishAlarm, PhishAlarm Analyzer, an innovative software-based e-mail phishing triage solution that uses machine learning to analyze reported phishing emails to identify and prioritize reported phishing emails for incident response;
- A new dynamic reporting functionality that allows administrators to easily filter data, quickly add and remove measurement factors, and compare training and assessment data.
Awards and Research
Already this year, Wombat has been recognized by these award programs:
- Info Security Products Guide named Wombat as the 2016 Gold Winner of its Excellence Award for Security Products and Solutions for Education for their unique CyberStrength Knowledge Assessment.
- Info Security Products Guide also named Wombat as the 2016 Silver Medal Excellence Award for Customer Service, honoring its well-known reputation for excellent customer service delivery.
- SC Magazine US awards finalist in the category of IT Security Related Training Programs.
- CyberSecurity Excellence Award nominee for Best CyberSecurity Education Provider.
In addition, independent research by Ponemon Institute and the Aberdeen Group found that Wombat’s Continuous Training Methodology has produced up to a 50x ROI as well as 60% reduction in enterprise risk.
About Wombat Security Technologies
Wombat Security Technologies provides information security awareness and training software to help organizations teach their employees secure behavior. Their SaaS-based cyber security education solution includes a platform of integrated broad assessments, as well as a library of simulated attacks and brief interactive training modules. Wombat's solutions help organizations reduce successful phishing attacks and malware infections up to 90%. Wombat, recognized by Gartner as a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training Vendors, is helping Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 customers in industry segments such as finance and banking, energy, technology, higher education, retail and consumer packaged goods to strengthen their cyber security defenses.
412-621-1484 x 126