RSA to offer Wombat's award-winning security training platform to clients as part of global security consulting engagements
Pittsburgh, PA – August 6, 2013 – Wombat Security Technologies (Wombat), a leading provider of cyber security awareness and training solutions, today announced a global reseller agreement with RSA, The Security Division of EMC, that will help organizations effectively leverage security awareness training so that employees become part of their company's active defense against growing cyber attacks.
As part of the global reseller agreement, RSA will offer Wombat's award-winning cloud-based security training platform that includes a comprehensive anti-phishing training suite well known for its innovative education methodology and effectiveness. Wombat customers have experienced greater than 80% reduction in susceptibility to attack when implementing their continuous training methodology that includes assessment through simulated attacks, training, and detailed user knowledge analytics.
"We're already seeing strong interest in this product around the world - the Wombat solution is something that security teams are asking for," said Todd Leftkowitz, Senior Director, Worldwide Education Services at RSA, The Security Division of EMC. "Wombat offers an innovative way to train employees and the company's vision for carrying out the security awareness mission aligns well with ours to embrace end users as an important part of a defense-in-depth strategy."
Wombat's Security Training Platform – used by government organizations and enterprises of all sizes from Fortune 50 to SMB – enables businesses to easily manage their security awareness training and employee assessment program from one cloud-based, Enterprise-grade solution. Wombat's Security Training Platform enables security officers to:
- Deploy mock phishing attacks which create teachable moments to help employees become receptive to more in-depth training
- Create training assignments for everyone at once, or for groups of employees you define such as people who fell for mock-attacks, new hires, functional departments, geographic regions, etc.
- Select from a comprehensive set of training modules (each under 10 minutes) that teach practical advice to avoid numerous end-user targeted threats, including the most up-to-date attacks
- Monitor employee completion of assignments and deliver automatic reminders about training deadlines
- Identify the users, or groups of users, who have the best or worst understanding of critical risk areas
- Show measurable knowledge improvement overtime with easy-to-read reports for executive management
- Train global employees in multiple languages, including Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese, and French
- Manage their security training program from one cloud-based system that is continually updated with new content about the latest cyber threats
Joe Ferrara, President and CEO of Wombat, said, "We're thrilled to be working with RSA on this great opportunity to help their prospects and customers make their employees an active part of their company's defense against the most sophisticated user-targeted attacks."
About Wombat Security Technologies
Wombat Security Technologies helps organizations combat cyber security threats with uniquely effective software-based training solutions for employees. Wombat offers fully automated, highly scalable training solutions, built on learning science principles. They offer mock attacks with a brief embedded training message, as well as a full complement of 10-minute software training modules. Wombat's training solutions have been shown to reduce employee susceptibility to attack over 80%. Wombat is helping Fortune 1000 customers, large government agencies and small to medium businesses in segments such as finance, banking, higher education, retail, technology, energy, insurance, and consumer packaged goods strengthen their cyber security defenses. For more information visit www.wombatsecurity.com or contact Lorraine Kauffman-Hall at 704-882-0443 firstname.lastname@example.org.